This website is best viewed using Firefox v.3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23.2.10

February 23rd

Checking my e-mails today I was pleased to see one with details of a marked Pink-footed Goose I had seen towards the end of last year. It was around Christmas when I became aware of a flock of Pink-feet regularly feeding on sugar beet tops in a field just north of the water tower in East Ruston. I 'guesstimated' there to be in the region of 2,000 Geese present on December 28th and amongst them was one sporting a grey neck collar marked with capitals 'PHJ'. A history of sightings of this bird can be viewed below.


Driving north from Norwich mid-afternoon today I chanced upon two more Common Buzzards lazily exploiting the north-easterly wind over some woodland. I couldn't help but pull over and enjoy their majesty for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment